If you all like this music, listen to the "HER" Soundtrack and/or Dustin O' Halloran (the pianist). Amazinggggg I promise you won't regret it
This song broke my heart but... I still find myself coming back.
It's impossible to listen to this track and not to remember Elio's feelings when he was sitting in front of the fireplace... so sad and yet so glad... too many emotions for just one heart...
first real heartbreak. the pain. the nostalgia. all coming back because of this song and this exact scene.
Thanks 4 this! Incredible Film, Acting, Writing and Score. As an Actor/Writer myself I was blown away by the subtle magic of it all and the stellar performances by Hammer and especially Chalamet @ such a Young age. They captured the elusiveness of "First Love" brilliantly, with it's "Once in a Lifetime" Quality which is achingly beautiful, and sad @ the same time...#Masterpiece...
Yes. Yes. Yes.
The Oscar list is out.
——— He’s nominated for best actor in a leading role.
———The movie is up for best picture and for screenplay.
———Sufjan’s also nominated for his MYSTERY OF LOVE.
MY BABY HAS BEEN NOMINATED FOR AN OSCAR IM SO FUCKING PROUD AND THE FILM TOO SJHSHAJA
i need the sequel for my sanity i want them back together! i feel so broken
tbh I actually wasn't crazy about this movie HOWEVER this song was so affective for the credits
It became blurry for me again as I replayed it for the fourth time.
"In Biblical the meaning of the name Gideon is: He that bruises or breaks; a destroyer." - fits like a glove
all sad after having seen call me by your name
try not to cry challenge
There are some truly wonderful elements i have noticed in this beautiful unforgettable film... i would be interested in fans' feedback/opinions )))
1. the gay 'uncles' ('Sony & Cher') that Elio appears dismissive of (or is he just curious/envious of their obviously loving long-term relationship?)
2. the 'fly' that is a constant in many scenes... is it just a pest that got into the production & was missed by the masterful director/cinematographer, or something more deliberate with layered meaning ? (the latter i think)
3. I dont think we ever hear Elio & Oliver profess their 'love' for each other? Or am i mistaken?
4. Is the wonderful father hinting that he may have had a 'gay fling/relationship' as a young boy/man that didn't turn out the way he expected, and he regretted this all his life? Is he bisexual?
5. Is the (beautiful) mother really oblivious to the true nature of the relationship between her son and Oliver?
Note i dont really want to know how the book explains some of these elements, i would just love to know how the fans respond/interpret to these wonderfully understated elements in the film
PEACE & LOVE OUT )))
Floored by this beauty!
So Amazing !!!
Me when I first heard about this film: so many people appreciate it, but I don't think it's that great, surely got positive reviews because of the subject.
Me after I watch the movie: why I can't stop crying!
PS: I cry even when I write this comment. Such a beautiful movie!
Nature has a cunning way of finding our weakest spots.
THIS IS THE KIND OF MOVIE/STORY YOU WISH THAT NEVER ENDS.